A few weeks ago, I tried out the chalk dragging technique described by Wendy on the TandaStamps forum - thanks for sharing, Wendy! Last night, I had an idea for adapting it to make vignettes. This is probably as old as the hills and I'm the last to catch on but I thought I'd share, just in case I've managed to come up with something that someone might find useful!
I stamped the flower group with green dye-based ink and chalked over the heads in various shades of purplish-pink and added dots to the centres with a copper gel pen. I cut an oval hole in a piece of scrap paper (I used an acrylic tearing template thing and cut round it with a scalpel) and added a reasonably generous amount of chalk to the edge of the hole with my finger. Then I just centred the oval cutout over the flower image and dragged the chalk in towards the centre to make a soft coloured 'frame'.
The card's finished just by matting the stamped image onto burgundy cardstock and adding organza ribbon and a stamped sentiment on a card circle. I added a line of copper gel pen around to add a bit more definition between the light and dark elements.
Dutch Flowers are Fab
12 hours ago