Thursday 10 January 2008

Sympathy Silhouettes

People often say that sympathy cards are hard and when someone said it again on Carolyn's, I decided to have a go. Let's face it, they're the ones you least feel like making when you find out you need one so having one or two put by is probably not a bad thing.



Supplies: Silhouette Blooms I and Cheesecloth Backgrounder (CHF), Barbedor Script (Ma Vinci's Reliquary), Clearsnap chalk ink in creamy brown, chestnut roan, dark brown, Nestabilities classic oval dies, copper brads.

I made the frame for the sentiment just by putting two Nestability dies into my die cutter at the same time, one inside the other. I hit the two copper brads with a ball-end embossing tool and hammer to make them look more like rivets for the frame. I wanted to use antique copper really but I can't find them at the moment! I think these look OK, though.

Thanks for looking, I hope you liked the card.

19 comments:

Kaz said...

Lovely card Joanne for a difficult subject. It's very classy.

Alhambra Club said...

This card is lovely, so elegant and you are right when you find out you have to make one that is that last thing you want to do

Keri Lee Sereika said...

Ok now that is just GORGEOUS...but you know me and BROWN CHALK INK.!!!

Janice said...

Yes, classy was my word for your card, too. It made me smile to picture you bashing your brads with a hammer lol.

Janice

Anonymous said...

this is gorgeous and what a great idea re the brads

Anonymous said...

I love the composition, and color.

Sue said...

fantastic stamping Jo love the card

http://web.mac.com/dougandsue

Unknown said...

Such a grown up card Joanne. The colours are very calming.

Anonymous said...

It is indeed a very beautiful Joanne, for a very difficult subject......

Anonymous said...

A very subtle and classic design for what I agree is the hardest kind of card to make... The Nestabilities add the perfect touch don't they? :o)

Anonymous said...

Very pretty card!!!Ilike all the background layers.

Godelieve said...

Beautiful card, just what a sympathy card should be.

Esther said...

Love the tones in this card, great to see a sypathy card that incorporates more that just a bunch of flowers!

Courtney said...

Oh this is just gorgeous!

Di said...

Sympathy cards are so difficult aren't they. This is simply beautiful Joanne.

Mary said...

Your card is beautiful! Your brads came out awesome so I think your method of making them look aged is spot on. :)

Mary

Kim Mraz said...

your card is stunning!! :)

Lastel said...

Beautiful card !

Anne said...

Admittedly not a card I keep on hand. Stunning creation with the lovely ovals and riveted brads! TFS :)