Thursday 26 May 2011

Unmasked!

Tando Creative have just introduced a new product - masks. As soon as I handled one of them I thought "Ooooh, I bet this is thick enough to make an embossed impression" and I was right! Of course they work beautifully for their intended purpose as masks but I do love finding ways to put my stash to work for multiple purposes so I was pleased with the way this worked out.

I laid some white core card on top of the Random Circles mask and ran it through the Big Shot with an embossing mat. (So for the "sandwich" that was mask laid on the first clear plate, card on top face up, embossing mat and second clear plate on top of that.)

A light sanding to expose the white core and the addition of some stamped circles, brads and a wide chocolate brown mat and I had a quick masculine birthday card.

Supplies:
Random Circles mask by Tando Creative (Tando stockists listed here)
Ornamental Beauty stamp set (CHF, retired)
Sentiment from a HOTP set
Adirondack ink by Ranger (Espresso)
DCWV white core card
Cryogen white card
Bitter chocolate card
Fiskars squeeze punch (large circle)
Small circle punch
Large brads


Thanks for stopping by!

15 comments:

sam21ski said...

Brillinat results and love the way you've utilised the mask.

Sam xxx

http://sam21ski.blogspot.com/

Zoechaos said...

They do emboss well don't they love these circles in core card great combination. XOXO Zoe

Alison said...

Looks brilliant! Great idea! x

Scrappy~Sarah said...

gorgeous, will have to look out for them

Anonymous said...

looks fab!

Gez Butterworth said...

Great card. What a clever idea :)

Sue said...

Simple but so effective, I love those large brads.
Sue x

Carol Plume said...

what a great effect J...brill idea xx

Traceyr said...

I bought this mask Joanne and I shall have a go at this technique thanks for blogging about it.

:)

Marlene (cards4u) said...

What a great idea! I'll have to go and see what these are all about :)

Caroline said...

Gorgeous Joanne, and interesting to know they emboss well too!

Jackie Elwin said...

well done, great idea! I like to find other uses for my stash but am sometimes reluctant in case I damage the original. I will try this one.

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Great way to use a mask, love it, very effective. Tracy x

Sharon (glitterangel) said...

What a great idea - and a fabulous card - mens cards are just the hardest I find, but you've done a great job.

Hazel said...

I'm becoming more and more convinced that I need some of those masks - what a fab effect you've created x