Friday 24 February 2017

That's torn it

It's DCM day and this week Dawn is asking us to "tear it up" - add something ripped or torn to your project.

I still have pages from an ephemera pack I bought ages ago from a local outfit that put them together from books that were beyond rescue. I tore a strip from a page featuring a children's story and used it to anchor the stamped image. I used a charcoal pencil to smudge underneath it to give it a bit more heft.

It's ages since I used bubble wrap to stamp with - I thought it would suit the style here and used the same ink to add a touch of colour to the balloon.

Stamps: 
Joy by Carabelle Studio 
Essential Messages by Hero Arts 

Ink:
Brilliance by Tsukineko (Graphite Black)
Tim Holtz Distress ink by Ranger (Tumbled Glass)

Paper: 
Bristol Board 
Torn book page

Other:
Charcoal pencil 
Corner Chomper 

Size: 7 x 5"

Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

This is gorgeous, Joanne! Jo x

Kathy said...

Lovely! Amazing just how that little scrap of torn paper adds such an interesting element to an already gorgeous card!

Dawn said...

Love the little piece of torn book, great element to use. I also like the effect you made stamping with bubble wrap. Got to try this.

Enfys said...

Love that clever little scrap of torn book page, very clever! Xx

Svenja said...

Fab! I looks so clean and simple at first sight, yet there's quite a bit going on at a closer look. The colours are lovely, too.

Shabneez said...

Love this! I do enjoy reading your techniques. Must try stamping with bubble wrap xxx